Thursday 31 October 2013

Measuring the social media analytics of a blog (Google Analytics)



Google Analytics enables the creators of a webpage to measure various aspects of the page. One of the indicators is the social media dashboard. There are multiple (premade) dashboards available for social media analysis. The dashboard I am using is: '61 Social Media Dashboard'. Available from: (DashboardJunkie.com/61).


This dashboard shows the user a number of useful aspects;
     -How many users used social media to find your webpage
     -Which social media the viewers came from
     -How often users view your page
     -What time of day viewers look at your page
     -What monetery value each social media contributes towards your page

From the data given the user can change various factors which affect the page. From my report I can see that to increase the views on my page, I need to ask people to look at my page on other social media sites other than Blogger.





No comments:

Post a Comment